Attain certification for transmission of the Noble Qur'ān from qualified teachers
The Qur’ān Recitation Ijāzah is a supervised and systematic approach to completing the reading of the Qur’ān with proficiency. This program constitutes one-on-one reading with a Qārī. There are no set limits on how many pages are read daily or weekly, this will be determined between the student and the instructor on an individual basis. A sanad (a chain of trustworthy narrators traced back to the Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ) is provided upon the completion of the program.
Students will be required to have completed their Ḥifẓ or estimated completion within the course duration. This must be in addition to:
- Fluency in reading from the Muṣḥaf;
- Working proficiency of Tajwīd, and;
- Regular revision process.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Develop an effective revision habit.
- Learn methods and practise an attention to detail to reduce mistakes in recitation.
- Understand the importance of Tajwīd sciences and its application.
- Adapt ʿPractice-Basedʾ methods in Qur’ān recitation and Tajwīd.
- Adapt correct pronunciation and joining letters and words.
- Adapt differentiation methods according to individual ʿPace & Levelʾ.
- Develop foundation for individual style of recitation
Upon completion of the Ijāzah Programme, if a student is deemed successful by the examiner, certification will be provided with a chain of narration back to the Prophet ﷺ and his companions.
Our Certification is given after the successful exam and recitation by the teacher and is only granted upon his/her recommendation.
What is an "Ijāzah"?
1) Authorization of recitation. and;
2) Authorization of transmission.
To get the ijāzah, the student has to recite the Qurʾān from beginning to end, observing all the rules of Tajwīd to a Qārī who him/herself has an Ijāzah of transmission.
What is a "Sanad"?
Abū Bakr Ḥassan was born in Somalia where he completed the memorisation of the Qurʾān at an early age and has recited the entire Qurʾān to five different certified scholars of the Qurʾān and attained Ijāzah from them.