In this section
Last updated: 18th March 2023
Statement of intent
- The policy of the Loughborough Muslim Centre is to provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment for all our volunteers and users, plus any other people who are directly affected by our activities, such as external contractors and members of the public at our events and comply with all statutory obligations as a minimum standard.
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety at all events and activities organised by the Loughborough Muslim Centre lies with the Trustees. This responsibility will be delegated to a named volunteer for each event or activity. This volunteer will be responsible for ensuring that this policy is upheld.
- For each and every event, the responsible person will be named in advance and their name will be noted on all relevant risk assessments. All volunteers involved will be made aware of who is responsible for health and safety.
- The main activity of the Loughborough Muslim Centre is to provide educational and recreational sessions for adults and children. A risk assessment will be carried out before every one off event. This will include assessing risk as it relates to all aspects of the event including: equipment; venue; volunteers; attendees. Appropriate precautions will be taken to minimise hazards at all events and activities.
- A risk assessment will also be carried out before recurring regular events and reviewed annually.This will include assessing risk as it relates to all aspects of the event including: equipment; venue; volunteers; attendees. Appropriate precautions will be taken to minimise hazards at all events and activities.
- The Loughborough Muslim Centre may run more than one event at the same venue. In this case we will carry out a general risk assessment for the event/activity/equipment/venue. All general risk assessments will be reviewed at least once a year.
- We will have a trained first aider present at all events which are open to the public.
- We will make sure all volunteers and staff at events and activities are aware of the location of fire exits.
- All volunteers and staff will be made aware of the precautions they need to take as noted on the relevant risk assessment.
- At least one nominated volunteer will stay at an event until it is finished and the last attendees have left.
- Loughborough Muslim Centre will hold Public Liability Insurance
This policy will be reviewed every year