Ramaḍān Qur’ān Recitation
During the blessed month of Ramaḍān we will be starting an online Qur’ān recitation class over the Zoom Online Meetings platform.
These short classes aim to improve and help towards perfecting your recitation of the Holy Qur’ān from the comfort of your home – in shā Allāh.
The objective will be to cover the following:
– Basics of Tajwīd
– Ta’āwuḏ and Tasmiyah
– Sūrah Al-Fātiḥah
– Last 10 Suwar of Juz ‘Amma (Al-Fīl to An-Nās)
These classes will be taught by a Ḥāfiẓ who has an ‘Ijāzah in the recitation of Qur’ān and is for brothers only. In order to maximise effectiveness, the number of attendees will be limited and registration will be required.
As there have been some security issues with the Zoom platform in recent weeks, please see some guidelines below to protect ourselves:
- Please ensure you have made a Zoom account with your real name (if you don’t already have one)
- A list of registered attendees will be used to check names before the class begins
- The classroom will be locked 5 minutes after the start time for the session has elapsed to prevent unregistered users from joining
- To ask a question, attendees should select the “raise hand” button and wait for the host to pass the microphone
- Once an attendee has finished asking a question or reciting as directed by the host, the host will revoke the microphone from the attendee
- Never accept or download any files sent by other attendees over the class platform (materials will be uploaded to our website if required)